Info. for international students

Before enrollment

Information regarding entrance exams

Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate from an overseas university, please apply to AAD before directly contacting your desired supervisor. The application process typically takes around three weeks until results are available.

Application for Student Visa (overseas residents)

Details will be provided to successful candidates individually.

Renewal of residence card (residents in Japan)

Those wishing to renew, please contact the FBS Educational Affairs Section after completing the enrollment procedures. In the case of withdrawal or transfer from the institution to which you were affiliated before enrollment, it is mandatory to report to the Immigration Services Agency within 14 days. Please check the following page and complete the necessary procedures (online procedures are available).

Housing information

Living in Japan

After enrollment

Scholarship / Financial support

Renewal of residence card

Those wishing to renew, please contact the FBS Educational Affairs Section. Please refer to the following page for the required documents.

Procedures for overseas travel (including temporary return)

Career support

Consultation services (including medical and emergency situations)

Events for international students

We host welcome parties and day trips for international students during the spring/summer and fall/winter semesters. Check out past event photos here.

For those returning to their home country after completion/withdrawal

  1. Within 14 days after completing your studies at Osaka University, please submit the "Notification of the Accepting Organization" to the Immigration Services Agency. This can be done in person, by mail, or online.
  2. Return your residence card to the immigration officer at the airport during departure.