How to Apply
Before you apply
Contact a potential faculty supervisor(s) with whom you wish to pursue your research.
You can choose one of the following programs.
5 year Ph.D. program
Applicant must meet one of the following criteria.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- Completion of 16 years of schooling
- Approval by the Japanese government Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)
- Certification by the FBS as being of equivalent status to a university graduate
3 year Ph.D. program
Applicants holding a master's degree are eligible to finish the graduate program in three years.
Submission of your application
Those who live abroad
- Entrance examination can be done via Skype: please inquire (admission[at]fbs.osaka-u.ac.jp).
- Those whose mother tongue is English and holding a bachelor's degree are exempted from TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS tests.
Those who live in Japan
- Please take the oral examination, which will be held in July or December.