The presentation at the Neuroscience 2004 34th Annual Meeting（San
outline of the trip:
1. Purpose of the trip
- Participation in Neuroscience 2004 34th Annual
Meeting（San Diego, U.S.A.) and poster presentation.
- By the contact of research presentation from various fields, I
get a broader perspective ( for example method and attack of research
- I have discussions with resercher in other countries by English
( set on an aggressive approach toward presentation )
2. Content of the trip
The genomic organization of cadherin-related neuronal receptor/protocadherin
(CNR/Pcdh) gene cluster is divided into variable and constant region
exons. This organization raised the possibility that the CNR/Pcdh gene
cluster may produce diversified gene products. Using RT-PCR method,
we have previously suggested somatic mutations in transcripts of CNR/Pcdh
gene in the brain. However, these results were included many artificial
error of PCR. In this study, to exclude PCR-error and confirm the somatic
mutations in CNR/Pcdha transcripts, we examined cDNAs from CNR/Pcdha
specific cDNA library without the use of PCR. Three cDNA libraries
were synthesized from C57BL/6 mouse cerebral cortex at postnatal day
one (P1). Two of three were included N-cadherin and b-actin as control.
We isolated independent clones of CNR/Pcdha(161), N-cadherin (138)
and b-actin (302). As a result of sequencing analysis, a significant
increase was found in CNR/Pcdha transcripts (4.6x10-5) compared to
N-cadherin (1.1x10-5) or b-actin (1.7x10-5). Our results indicated
that CNR/Pcdha transcripts have somatic mutation at P1 cerebral cortex.
3. Result of the trip
- This presentation showed me some questions, intense public interests
and new techniques for our investigates. In addition various researches
gave me large variety of interests.
- I felt great power from foreign researcher to treat each research
with seriousness. I was learned how to make things enjoyable
- I had many opportunities for talking with active in the front
- Because of going to this meeting alone, I went away fear of
speaking English and of foreign people. This trip was meaningful
for my school life.
4. Perspective and future plans
- I will indicate definite our result to establish somatic mutations.
- I will participate other seminars and make discussions, to make
good our experiments.