The presentation at the Neuroscience 2004 34th Annual
Meeting（San Diego, U.S.A.)
outline of the trip:
1. Purpose of the trip
- Participation in Neuroscience 2004 34th Annual Meeting（San
Diego, U.S.A.) and poster presentation.
- By the contact of research presentation from various
fields, I get a broader perspective ( for example method and attack
of research activities )
- I have discussions with resercher in other countries
by English ( set on an aggressive approach toward presentation )
2. Content of the trip
The genomic organization of cadherin-related neuronal receptor/protocadherin
(CNR/Pcdh) gene cluster is divided into variable and constant region exons.
This organization raised the possibility that the CNR/Pcdh gene cluster
may produce diversified gene products. Using RT-PCR method, we have previously
suggested somatic mutations in transcripts of CNR/Pcdh gene in the brain.
However, these results were included many artificial error of PCR. In this
study, to exclude PCR-error and confirm the somatic mutations in CNR/Pcdha
transcripts, we examined cDNAs from CNR/Pcdha specific cDNA library without
the use of PCR. Three cDNA libraries were synthesized from C57BL/6 mouse
cerebral cortex at postnatal day one (P1). Two of three were included N-cadherin
and b-actin as control. We isolated independent clones of CNR/Pcdha(161),
N-cadherin (138) and b-actin (302). As a result of sequencing analysis,
a significant increase was found in CNR/Pcdha transcripts (4.6x10-5) compared
to N-cadherin (1.1x10-5) or b-actin (1.7x10-5). Our results indicated that
CNR/Pcdha transcripts have somatic mutation at P1 cerebral cortex.
3. Result of the trip
- This presentation showed me some questions, intense
public interests and new techniques for our investigates. In addition
various researches gave me large variety of interests.
- I felt great power from foreign researcher to treat
each research with seriousness. I was learned how to make things
enjoyable and exciting sciences.
- I had many opportunities for talking with active in
the front lines researcher.
- Because of going to this meeting alone, I went away
fear of speaking English and of foreign people. This trip was meaningful
education for my school life.
4. Perspective and future plans
- I will indicate definite our result to establish somatic
- I will participate other seminars and make discussions,
to make good our experiments.